Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Easy Gluten Free Bread Machine Bread

As with any recipe on this blog please double check that the ingredients you use are gluten free.  Formulation change and what I suggested at the time of writing may no longer be gluten free.

Bread is tough to make.  Gluten free bread is even tougher to make.  With the help of  bread machine, something I swore I'd never own, it's a little bit easier.  You don't even need one of the expensive machines that have a gluten free setting for this one.  You can do it in a normal 2 lb bread machine. There are lots of gluten free recipes out there for bread but known fit what we were looking for.  This one even looks like wheat bread.



My bread machine has me put liquids in first.  Please use the order that your machine calls for not what I have written.  I wrote it the way I do it but I know not all machines are the same.

3 eggs
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 cups whole milk
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/3 cup potato starch
1/2 cup corn starch
1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
2 cups brown rice flour
1 1/2 Tablespoons active dry yeast

In a 2 cup measuring cup, measure oil and honey.  Add eggs, vinegar, and sugar and mix well.  Add this to your bread machine, then all ingredients in the order listed.  My machine has an express bake that is 80 minutes.  This is good because it doesn't "punch" the dough down but it's not quite long enough to bake all the way through.  It takes a full 95 minutes in my machine.  To do that I just switch it to bake for 15 minutes.  You DO NOT want one of the traditional settings because gluten free bread doesn't need to rise twice like normal bread does.  After the last mix wet your hands and reach in to remove the mixing paddle.  That's it.  Let the machine do all the rest of the work.

Don't ever miss a post from Home Ec with Mel or the new blog The Quilting Room sign up for our daily posts delivered right to your inbox.  Plus once a month Mel sends out a newsletter filled with tips, tricks, and other content not found anywhere else.  Sign Up Now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)