Monday, March 17, 2014

Chipboard Music Notes and Mod Podge Stencils

This is a word of mouth advertising post.  For more information please see the disclosure tab at the top of the page.  

I'm so excited to bring these stencils to you for many reasons.  First of  all, they allow us to take our Mod Podge obsession to a new level.  Secondly, they were designed by none other than Amy from Mod Podge Rocks!  Third, it gave me an excuse to play with Mod Podge, glitter, and beads.  When Amy asked for help getting the word out, I jumped at the chance to help her.  She was so kind in answering questions and providing support for me when I started this blog I had to return the favor, at least in a small way.






I wanted to do something different with the stencils than what others had done.  I had the music notes already and I had already "covered" them.  The green one was done with a stamp pad and the purplish one I had Mod Podge a piece of card stock on it.  While they were fine as they were, they didn't have the pop I wanted.  When I saw the stencils, I knew where I would use them.

They come in six different designs.  I used two of them.  I thought they went well together.  They happen to be the ones on the end.


The music notes are just standard chipboard found in any craft store that has a scrap booking section.  I didn't have a before picture because they were already covered when I started this project.  But they looked like this when I got them home. ;)
Stock Image from Hobby Lobby

They were both done in the same way.  I only photographed one though.  The only difference was I used glitter on the green one.  I used the Mod Podge Podgeable Glitter that Amy sent in the package along with the stencils.  For the green one I used the Tangier stencil and for the purplish one I used the Starlite stencil.  I really thought they worked well together.  The Starlite is almost like the negative space of the Tangier.  The Spouncers are heaven sent with the stencils.  

The stencils are peel and stick.  You just lay it down, press them to seal it, and pounce Mod Podge on it.  



Now when I did the glitter, I did it a little at a time.  It was time consuming, you need to wait 24 hours before you shake off the excess, but I was worried I'd smear the Mod Podge and have glitter everywhere.  For the beads I didn't worry, just kept moving and lining up the stencil until it was covered.



I poured the beads all over and waited.  I gave it a full 24 hours and then shook the excess beads off.  Easy peasy! Well except for picking up all those beads afterwards. 



 I think they both look so much better.  They went from meh to WOW!  



One last thing,  Amy has allowed me to do a giveaway.  That's right one of you can walk away with your very own stencil!  


a Rafflecopter giveaway
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)