You'll need one for one of my upcoming blog posts. So if you don't have one, whip one of these up while you wait for the post to come out.
I had originally pinned this idea almost a year ago. It's now a paid subscription video. It's not the version I ended up using anyway. The thought of being wrapped up in plastic wrap and then duck tape made me a little claustrophobic. I had been sitting on this idea for almost a year when I came across another idea. I was looking for some tips on tailoring my husbands shirts when at the end of the video was a dress form idea. Start the video at 1:39 for the dress form.
So here are some first hand tips.
- You need some help. Make sure your help is someone you are comfortable having touch you. The girls get rubbed a lot.
- Go to the bathroom before you start.
- Buy lots of tape. At least 3 rolls, I used 2 and half.
- Go around with the tape, then up and down, and then around again. Three layers of tape at least.
- If you want it to be pretty use a role of the decorative tape for the top layer.
- Start filling it as soon as you are done. The tape will start to pull away from the t-shirt.
- Put a piece of PVC in the middle so you can put it on a stand.
- Be prepared to have to start over.