Thursday, June 13, 2013

Glitter Shelf

Yes, you read the title correctly.  I glittered a shelf.  Why?  I can!  Really, I was playing around and really liked it so I finished it up and now I'm blogging about it.  The best part?  It is super easy and quick to do.



Supplies:

Shelf
Base paint color of your choice - I used white craft paint
Mod Podge
Glitter
Sandpaper
Clear Coat Sealer

So this is what my shelf started out as.


It was not pretty.  It was only a dollar though and I can use it to hold ribbon.  I think it was a toilet paper holder in it's previous life.

Step 1:  Sand it.  I needed to get the seal off of it so it would take the paint.

Step 2: Paint it.  I painted mine white.

Step 3. Mix Mod Podge and glitter together.  I used a mix of blues and greens.  I mixed it 2 parts Mod Podge to 1 part glitter.

Step 4: Paint it again.  This time with the Mod Podge and glitter.

Step 5: Seal it with a clear sealer and you are done!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)