Monday, May 6, 2013

The Best Gluten-Free Brownies On Earth - Seriously!

Who doesn't love a good brownie?  I know we do!  Gluten-Free brownies are all over the web and there are many boxed mixes on the market but none measured up to gluten brownies.  I really think I hit it out of the park on this one.




So the other day some pinned this gluten-free conversion chart.  It intrigued me.  The thought that there could be a simple formula that I could convert recipes with?  Of course I did some changing to the formula based on experience.  So I needed a recipe.  I wasn't going to remake something that I had already converted.  So I found this brownie recipe.  Really, anything that claims to be the perfect brownie has got to be a good starting point right?  I can't say that they are the perfect brownie because I didn't make that recipe.  What I can tell you is that it converted to a wonderful gluten free brownie.  They are really rich though.  This might also be the recipe to prove that you can't loose weight on the gluten-free diet.

Just look at these brownies?




The Best Gluten-Free Brownies
as adapted from Glorious Treats

What you need:

4 eggs
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 TBSP vanilla
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup rice flour
4 TBSP potato starch
1 TBSP almond flour
3 TBSP cornstarch
1 tsp xantham gum
1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan.

Melt the butter and add the sugar.  Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, beat the 4 eggs.  Stir in cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.  Add the butter mixture, making sure it's cool enough to touch.  If it is too hot you'll cook your eggs.  Scrambled eggs are yummy but not in brownies.

Add the flours, starches, and xanthum gum.  Stir just until incorporated.  Fold in chocolate chips.

Spread into prepared pan.  Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs but not wet batter.

Linked to

Home Stories A2Z
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)