Friday, May 10, 2013

Shelf Makeover with Mod Podge and a Pattern

I found a set of ugly shelves at a garage sale a few weeks ago but they were sturdy and only a dollar.  Really, they weren't pretty but now they are one of a kind.  I used a can of spray paint, an old pattern I had laying around, and Mod Podge.

Aren't those neat?  I'm pretty proud of them.  This is what they started as though.
This picture actually makes them look better than they really were.  It was two different colors this red-brown color and black.  So I spray painted them white.  It wasn't a good paint job so I didn't take a picture of it.

Then I started putting the pattern on with the Mod Podge.  It did wrinkle in a few spots and at first I was worried but after looking at it again I liked the wrinkles.  It added some texture and character to the shelves.

You can't really see the wrinkles in the photo either.  It's not like a lot of people are going to see them up close.  They are going in my craft room.  The cat and dog will be the only ones who see them on a daily basis besides me and if they complain well they won't get to sleep in bed that night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)