Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Plastic Shelves Makeover

I've been in need of shelves for my crafting and sewing room since I set it up.  So while out garage selling the last few weeks I've been on the look out.  I found a set of plastic shelves for $2.00.  This is what I did.


So how did I do it?  Very simply and very quickly, it's sticky paper from the dollar store.  It took two rolls.  So for $4.00 total I have a super cute set of shelves.

I traced the holes on the back of the paper and cut them out.  I left the white to break up the pattern.  I was worried if I did it all over I would go from cute to tacky very quickly.

The legs were the one tough part of this whole project.  I measured how much would go in the hole and then marked all my legs.  I took the backing off and then laid it down on the table and rolled the paper on to the legs.  There are a few that aren't very pretty and they are in the back.  It took me a few tries to get it right.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)