Thursday, May 16, 2013

Plastic Basket Makeover with Krylon Paint

Thanks to Pinterest I have a new outlook on upcycling and makeovers.  It wasn't long ago that I would have skipped things at garage sales because I didn't like the color.  If I had I wouldn't have gotten these shelves and these would have been plain white still.  So when my husband showed me these baskets at Goodwill this weekend, I knew I could update them. Note: This post is strictly my own opinions.  I was not compensated at all by Krylon for the products or my opinion.

I've got to start remembering to take better before photos.  The phone doesn't cut it most of the time.

They aren't bad, but the color was really dated.  It doesn't look so horrible here but in person it was 1998 green.  If you were alive then I know you know the color I'm talking about.  The price I was great though, four of them for $2.99.  You can't beat that!  I got them after we had already done our major shopping.  I had purchased a can of Krylon Paint.  It must have been meant to be.

I bought my first can a week before, I wanted a certain color and Krylon was the only one who had the color I wanted.  I hadn't used it before, I have never spray painted much so when I needed some I just picked up the cheap kind.  I think I am a believer though now.  

Now I have two of each of these.


Much better than before!  Plus they'll look super cute with the blue and white shelves I posted about last week.  I've also got a set of metal shelves that are going into my craft room sometime soon.  I can't wait to show you those!  I've got a killer plan for them.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)