Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Crack Revisited

I really like dips at parties.  I can control the dippers to make sure they are gluten free and if I only have gluten free dippers no worries of CC.  They are a familiar item which means no one will ever go "Oh it's different".  Plus they are quick and easy.  This is still one of my most popular posts to this day.

Crack (Hey I didn't name it lol)

Photo From Plain Chicken.com

I had seen the potato casserole made from this dip on Pinterest and decided to go for it.  We tried the potatoes and they were good too.  Last December I made this dip six times.  It's that big of a hit.  We ate it with corn tortillas chips.  I made a few variations of it last year.  I did it with pork bacon bits, turkey bacon bits, and the pink fake ones.  Did you know the pink fake ones are vegetarian?  I didn't until my husband told me.  My favorite was the pork bacon it seemed to have more flavor but the turkey wasn't bad.  I didn't like the pink fake ones at all.  They became a little odd but my father in law enjoyed it and that's what mattered.  I didn't make him a full recipe, I just mixed the dip with out the bacon bits and then took his out and add the bits to each bowl.  Again that's the secret when entertaining with food restrictions what can you quickly and easily do to include everyone.  It took a whole extra ten seconds and another dish, nothing in the grand scheme of party food making.  

Cheddar Bacon Dip (a.k.a Crack)

16 oz sour cream
1 packet Ranch dressing mix (Hidden Valley is Gluten free)
3 oz bacon bits (in the bag not jar) (Oscar Mayer is gluten free)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix together and refrigerate 24 hours. Serve with chips and/or veggies.


4x6 Printable Recipe 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)