Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken Strips

I love fried chicken.  I love chicken strips.  So when I found this recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to convert it.  I've made this several times and just realized that I hadn't shared it with all of you.  They say it tastes just like KFC.  I'm not making that claim but they are still good!



Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken Strips
Place chicken tenders in a bowl, about a pound for four servings.  The breading will cover up to two pounds but you may need a bigger pan.  Cover with milk or buttermilk.
 If you like them a little spicy add some hot sauce such as Frank's.  Marinate for thirty minutes up to an hour.

In a storage bag mix:
1 tablespoon Morton Season All
1 tablespoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup rice flour
2 teaspoon paprika

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  (I know it sounds high but just trust me.)  Cut 1/2 stick of butter up into chunks and place in a 9x13 pan.  Place in the oven while you bread the chicken.  The butter must be HOT when you add the chicken.  When you take it out make sure there are no dry spots on the bottom of the pan.  The bottom of your pan needs to be covered in butter.

While the butter is melting, drain the chicken and add to the storage bag.  Shake well to evenly coat the strips.  Add to the hot pan and place back in the oven.  Bake for 15 minutes and then turn the chicken over and bake another 15 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.

Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.

You may purchase some of the supplies from Amazon. Purchasing them through the banner below supports this site. Thank you so much!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)