Monday, June 4, 2012

Ruffled Bedspread - Part 1

Urban Outfitters Waterfall

Have you seen these bedspreads running around the internet and Pinterest?  I've wanted one for a long time and finally have taken the plunge into making my own knock off.  While $179.00 is a fair price for a queen sized bedspread, it's not in the budget right now.  Plus, I'm 99% sure that I am capable of making it on my own for a fraction of the cost.  

There is a quilt for our bed but, I won't put it on the bed.  Our dog sleeps with us and I won't let her on my grandma's quilt.  It's perfect for our bedroom but she hand quilted it all and my mom made the top.  It is priceless and it can't be replaced.  So I need something on there and a traditional quilt isn't right for us.

Queen size bedspread is 96x108.  Each strip is going to be 288 inches long.  That's 3 times the finished length.  The strips finished width will be 6 inches.  I'll need 18 finished strips.  

The first step is all of that fabric.  It is a lot of fabric for the ruffles.   It will take a lot of fabric though.  So time to watch for sales.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)