Saturday, November 5, 2011

Gluten Free Saturday - Cheesecake Dip

Ok first off remember back this summer when I lost my nice SD card?  My husband found it, buried on the floor in the craft room.  I'm happy that it's back, I'm still being reminded that he found it after I searched for months.

So with the new schedule I'll be posting on Saturday, cooking, and Sunday, crafting and home.  It'll be easier for me.  It'll make sure you are getting more updates.  So we all win. :)  So on to the recipe.

Photo from Taste of Home

So I saw that picture on Pintrest awhile back.  It looked so yummy.  But graham crackers are a no no for the hubs.  While this would be great to take to work pot-luck it wasn't going to fly here at home.  I had to go to the drawing board.  I tossed around ideas and then it hit me, with the help of the hubs.  We had picked up some white corn tortillas, the soft kind.  He cut some up in wedges, fried them, and hand me one to try.  It sucked as a chip, it was too sweet.  So later I did the same thing only this time I sprinkled it with cinnamon and sugar and drizzled honey over them.  TO DIE FOR!  I had it.

So here is the recipe from Taste of Home:

  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  • Graham cracker sticks

I followed the directions the first time subbing gluten free vanilla, regular chocolate chips, and the corn chips from above omitting the honey.  It was good but the chocolate chips did nothing for it.  Seriously, the chocolate addicts here picked the chocolate chips out.  Without the chocolate chips it tasted like cheesecake .  At work we bring our own treats on our birthday.  I made a double batch of this, taking a little out for here at home, and by noon it was gone.  People were begging for the recipe.  Also I made the chips for work too.  We had someone diagnosed gluten intolerant just before my birthday.  I wanted to be able to include her without making her stand out as different.  No one except her and I knew that everything was gluten free, they just thought it was supper yummy.

Linked to:
Be Different Act Normal
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)