Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blog Goals

If you don't follow me on Twitter you've never experienced my feed slam on Monday's during Craftermind's Twitter chat.  This might be a reason for you not to follow, as I know it does annoy some followers however, it has been a wealth of information for me.  This Monday's chat was about our goals for our blogs.  One thing I walked away with was to put them in writing to hold yourself accountable.  So here they are, to share with all of you.

1. Make some money - I know you all think I'm here because I just love doing this.  That's partly true, I love to cook and craft and I love that some find me interesting enough to come here each week and see what I'm up to.  The truth is that I'd like to make a few bucks while I'm at it.  I'm not talking about thousands each month.  I'm talking about enough to pay for a domain and keep a little money in my craft budget.  Let's face it, no one wants to work for free and blogging is a job.

2. Grow my readership - I'd like to have a few more out there reading this stuff.  I'm so thankful for those of you who are here each time a new posts goes up but, one can never have enough friends right?  :)

3. Host Giveaways - When I achieve goal number 2 then, hopefully, I'll be able to give back to all of you by giving away some amazing products.

4. Connect with other bloggers - I want to bring in some new faces to the blog.  Fresh ideas, new sets of eyes will help grow our little group into one rocking group.

5. Use The Blog Frog  - I have a Blog Frog community.  I need to use it more though.  I see the potential of it becoming a way for us to get together on a regular basis.  I just need to figure out how to do all that.

6. Get some perks - I'm insanely jealous of other bloggers who are getting stuff in the mail from some great companies.  The great part is they usually get to share those perks with their readers.  Now, really who of you don't want to get presents on the front door?  (I guess this kind of goes with number 3)

7. Post more - I need/want to post more.  Enough said!

What are your goals?  Either with your blog or in your personal life!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)