Friday, July 22, 2011

Peanut Butter & Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

I remembered just because it's hotter then all get out here (heat index right now 108) it doesn't mean I can't bake.  I just can't use my oven, but I can use my slow cooker!

So out came my favorite slow cooker cookbook Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook: Feasting with Your Slow Cooker [FIX-IT & FORGET-IT CKBK].  I was going to go with my stand by Hot Fudge Cake when I turned page and found Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge Pudding Cake.  So I mixed them together and came up with the following recipe.

Hot Fudge and Peanut Butter Cake
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 TBS Almond Flour
2 TBS White Rice Flour
2 TBS Tapioca Flour
3 TBS Potato Flour
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
5 oz can evaporated milk
1/2 tsp almond extract (i'm out of vanilla)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup boiling water


Mix the first 10 ingredients together.  It will be very thick.  Place in a little greased slow cooker.


Mix cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of sugar together.  Sprinkle over cake mixture.


Pour boiling water over everything.  DO NOT STIR!


Cook on low 2-3 hours.  Serve with ice cream.




Note: If you don't eat gluten free replace the first 5 ingredients with 1 cup of flour.



Visit thecsiproject.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)