Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lunch Box Purse

So my dear mother-in-law bought me this:

Yep it's a Spongebob Squarepants lunch box.  I loved it!!  The only problem, I don't take my lunch to work.  I work just a few blocks from home so I walk home for lunch.  I wanted to do something with it so more people could see it.  So I made it into a purse.

I redid it several times so stick with me and my pictures.

First I traced the top on to yellow fabric.


Then I estimated the size I would need for the bottom and sides for the blue fabric.


As you can see I over estimated.  :-)  We'll deal with that in a few minutes.

Then I took some Pellon and fused it to the blue and the yellow to had a little padding.

Then I took that handy dandy spray glue and sprayed the inside of the lunch box.

I put the blue fabric back in and then trimmed it up as best I could.

I glued some ribbon around the edge.  Just to make it pretty. :)  I forgot to take a picture of this step.  I don't know why.

I decided I needed a couple of pockets.  I made one and sewed it to the yellow side since I hand't stuck it on the lunch box.


Since I'd already stuck the blue down I made another pocket.  Put some elastic around the top to help hold stuff in it. (Ignore the wet spot on the fabric.  I spilled water on it.)
 

Then I used Modge Podge to glue the pocket onto the blue fabric.


Well what do you think?  I can't wait to go somewhere so that I can carry it.


Shared at:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)