Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Iron Craft Week 11 - Green

I haven't done an Iron Craft challenge since week 3.  This blog was born because of it.  I felt my photography blog needed to be just that, my photography stuff.  I couldn't figure out how to include photography in all of those challenges.  Plus there were a few other crafty things I wanted to participate in and didn't want to tie up the other blog with it.

This week's challenge was green.  And this is what I made.



I think it's super cute and the best part is that it was super easy.

I popped out some die cut letters because I'm poor and can't afford a Silhouette or a Cricut.  (I can't even win one!)


I sprayed the back of them with some tacky spray glue.


Then I laid them out on my shirt.  This is also when I realized I forgot the shamrock so I printed one off real quick and cut it out.  (I have a paintbrush shape in photoshop.)


I changed into grunge clothes (no picture of this I don't want to scare off new readers.) broke down a Pepsi box and put some bleach into a spray bottle.  I put the box in the shirt and sprayed some bleach on it.  I got it a little wetter then I had wanted but I think think it's super cute!  (Note: I flipped it over and did the back too! I also went outside to do the spraying.)

I peeled the letters and shamrock off and then soaked in my bathtub full of cold water.  Then I washed and dried it normally.


I saw this idea, they did designs on a t-shirt, somewhere on the interwebs.  I don't remember where or when. I didn't bookmark it or if I did it's saved on the crashed computer.  If it was your original idea, you rock!!  I fell in love with technique and may end up bleaching all kinds of t-shirts.

All photos were taken on my iPhone.

Submitted to:
Iron Craft
Blue Cricket Design
Someday Crafts
Sew Much Ado
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...javascript:void(0)